Why should we have life insurance? Is it for protection just in case or is it a nuisance. Why do we get car insurance? Is it because we have to or do we believe in the protection of it, that if you get in a wreck that the insurance will take care of it. Most of us don’t think about our life the same way. We think we are invincible, that nothing is ever going to happen to us. Some may think it is too expensive or some may not even know about it. Some say I will think about it or I will get it later which is fine and dandy. My question to you is, do you know what will happen tomorrow or next week or next month or 10 years from now. Life is full of the unexpected and uncertainties. Please take the steps to protect it, protect yourself but most important, your love ones because what happens to you affects them. Are you going to leave them with security or hardship . I can on and on writing about this, but we will end it here for now…….
Fake health insurance scams are not new. For several years, the National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association (NHCAA) has seen consumers become victims of unscrupulous individuals purporting to sell health insurance at what appear to be extremely reasonable rates.
- Don’t buy insurance online or over the phone, based on mailers, fliers or ads without investigating first and clearly understanding what you are buying.
- Don’t respond to high pressure or fear tactics from aggressive salespeople.
- Don’t provide your Social Security number, bank account numbers or credit card numbers before confirming that you are dealing with a legitimate company, and don’t give out personal information over the phone.
- Don’t sign blank insurance claims forms.
- Don’t give blanket authorization to a medical provider to bill for services rendered.
- Do take the time to research any company before purchasing a health insurance policy from it-a few minutes invested in searching the Internet is worth your time.
- Do check with your state’s Insurance Department to make sure the company is licensed to do business.
- Do compare insurance coverage.
- Do document your dealings with any company from which you are considering purchasing insurance.
- Do get a list of doctors and other providers that participate with the insurance plan you are considering.
- Do ask LOTS of questions.
- Do report suspected fraud to your state insurance department.
Please comment.. most questions will be answered.
- Borrow money from family or friends. If you have little or no money on hand and you want to make a real estate investment, borrowing money from family and friends is another option. …
- Take out a home equity loan. …
- Consider a micro lender.